Home

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Irrrr-resistable Coo-Kies!




These cookies...

I mix. I roll. I cut out. I bake. I frost. I sprinkle. Afterwards, I *must* clean, because there's powdered sugar *everywhere*. On the table, the floor, my clothing, my hair. That's the magic ingredient. Oops!!! I gave away the secret!!! Powdered sugar mixed in, powdered sugar to roll the dough out with. What a production! I only do this a couple of times a year, for Valentines Day and Christmas. I grumble under my breath every time, I utter expletives, I wonder why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks I bake the darn things. In the end, I think I make these cookies because it causes everyone to ADORE me...For about 30 seconds or until they are sick to their stomachs from eating so many cookies ; .)

Silpat baking sheets. Buy some. One of the most amazing baking implements ever created. These babies allow for perfect, unbroken, delicate sugar cookies every time. Really, you should get some if you bake, its a must.

Hungry yet???

4 comments:

madretz said...

Girlfriend! It's all so very worth every effort you put into them. D-freakin-licious. But poor Cate and Ragged and all your cyber-pals...they don't get to taste the lip-smackin' goodness. I guess I'll have to eat one for each of them. ;)

Nan said...

Thanks Madretz, but that's not gonna do it. I'm still cravin' cookies.

The pictures are great, Phin! I saw the silpat on Martha Stewart's show. I was wondering if it's as good as she said it was. I guess I've got to get one.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Valentine cookies: there is no better way to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

You don't know how much I've missed those cookies. I guess it's better anyway that I don't get them, otherwise, it will be war between me and Jacob.

-jeline