Home

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Recent Acquisition

I picked up my newest toy today, a 2006 Fuji Tahoe Comp mountain bike. (For those who are interested you can view the specs at Fuji Bikes.) I couldn't exactly participate in a triathlon without having a bike to ride, could I? I think I may be in love!!! I really don't like to be attached to material items, but boy oh boy!!! I can't wait to hit the trails, navigate rocks, ruts, sand, and be barrelling down hills at top speed, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Nate at Performance Bike in Mountain View was so helpful, disscussing sizes, components, tire types, etc...He let me try out multiple bikes and almost convinced me that I wanted a road bike, (yes, there is a difference) but I truly see myself doing trails more than riding on the road. I may be putting myself at a disadvantage during the tri, riding a mountain bike instead or a road bike, but I wanted something I would ride after I trained for the event.

Of course, as always with a purchase of this magnitude, I had that moment of panic, of buyer's remorse, but this isn't as frivolous a purchase as that $400.00 handmade/hand-dyed sweater I bought at an art festival last summer. Yes, the one that the artist promised wouldn't shrink. I will so ride this bike more than I will wear that now itty-bitty sweater.

I think I'll name my new friend Monchichi, which means monkey in Japanese.

6 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Monchichi, Monchichi you're so soft and cuddy. (Remember the Monchichi stuffed animals that had rubber faces and could stick their thumbs in their mouths.)

A triathalon? You go girl!

MadMonk said...

Very Nice!!! Have fun and remember... rubber side down, shiny side up!

Nan said...

Phinner, You are a jock! Who knew?!?

You make all this physical stuff sound like so much fun!

Nan said...

Uh, apparently I used incorrect terminology. By jock, I meant athlete. I looked it up to see if I had used the right word and I don't think I did. Why do I feel like Mork from Ork?

madretz said...

yesh...an athelete she definitely is!

Imagine me, very NOT-atheletic, trying to keep up with her. A very funny site, I must say! ;)

Heehee...I'm so singing that song...

cycling supplies said...

I don't get this. "I really don't like to be attached to material items, but boy oh boy!!! I can't wait to hit the trails, navigate rocks, ruts, sand, and be barrelling down hills at top speed." Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



cycling supplies