Home

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Art with Sis!
















Today, my friend Sis and I are hanging out. Its sort of a celebration of her 10th birthday. I picked her up, we went to lunch at Sara's Kitchen (breakfast, yum!) and then to my house to swim and art & craft. I showed her some postings on Illustration Friday where the theme this week is "Jungle." We decided that would be a great stepping off point for our art today.

Above are the results of our interpretations of the theme in watercolor. Sis started right away on her piece. (No inner critic!) I was stuck and she suggested that there was more than one type of jungle, African, Tropical, Chinese jungles, that include bamboo. She's really learning a lot in school!!! I am always amazed at how smart she is.

Can you guess who's painting is whose?

3 comments:

madretz said...

That's soo cool that you and sis spent time doing art! I hope she never develops that inner critic, we both know how stiffling it is.

Didja swim much? It's kinda cool out there today.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

So cool that you let your creative juices flow together. What better way to spend time with family?

Nan said...

Love the paintings. Kids are so inspiring...free of limitations. Anything goes and it usually looks good!