Home

Friday, July 28, 2006

Catku

MadRetz and the husband are at their hideaway this week, so I volunteered for kitty duty and went to check up on Billy. Mostly just make sure she has fuds and water, and to entertain if necessary.

My relationship with Billy has been a bit strained since Ted (Mad's other cat) died. I think she's still grieving or maybe its just that she's the Queen of the household now and doesn't care about the lowly human servants.

Such catitude : .)


Anyway, it seemed as if she was happy to see me and get some attention. She really wanted to be on the patio, so I let her outside and watched Northern Exposure from the steps while she enjoyed the cool of the cement on her belly.

I always send MadRetz an email update, and last nite was no different. One Deep Breath has been drawing my attention lately. Its a weekly haiku challenge, there's always a theme of course, around which you write your haiku. I don't consider myself a poet, but I guess I was inspired, so I included this with the message...

oh black kit
anxiously awaits owner
approved substitute


You can see a photo of Billy here. I can't believe I don't have one of my own!

5 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

She couldn't be in better hands. . . anyone that can wax poetic about a cat is the perfect substitute.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

PS: I just put it together: Bill and Ted!

madretz said...

Hey Phin!
Thanks for taking care of the Billy cat, she appreciated the company, she told me so herself. :)

You definitely are an approved substitute. Auntie Phin to the rescue.

Nan said...

Love the catku! Billy is a lucky cat to be so well cared for.

Willie Baronet said...

So glad to see you blogging! :-) Glad you liked my toilet. Heh heh.

Send me some cool weather pleeze. xo