Home

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Weekend Art

Ragged (Thanks Ragged!!!) encouraged me to post this weekend's work. Inner critic yells NAY, but right now, I'm not listening...

I spent some time creating with MadMonk (Deus Esse Quantum in the sidebar). She was very generous with her scrap lumber, nails, beads, leather, fur, feathers and her power
tools : .) rrr-rrr-rrr!!!



Prickly Heart (Aptly named by my good friend ee, who knows me very well : .) It was serendipitous that the heart split while hammering the nails. I got to use those cool, squiggly metal thingys (that *is* the technical description!) to mend it.


Medicine Heart (Which I left with MadMonk, as it so fits her decor.)

Can you tell I have a thing for hearts???

I also worked on a couple of boîtes de trésor (treasure boxes), but they're a surprise for a bloggy pal, so I'll post photos once they're complete and on the way to their new owner.

A Misty background, but its a work in progress. I'll post the finished piece later. Until then here's what's done...


5 comments:

madretz said...

Wow, you've been busy!!

I totally thot the split heart was on purpose.

Um...where's x's hair?

That's soo cool that the transfers worked for you! You'll totally have to show me how you did it since I can't get it to work.

phinner said...

That"s Cristobal! : .)

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Phin! I am so glad you posted your work. First of all, I am truly intrigued by the hearts and how honest they seem (or seam as it may be). How very personal.

The other artwork is, as usual, very creative and very telling. It's such a beautiful way for you to tie things together. I love using the lyrics along with the photos.

Keep creating. You are an artist.

MadMonk said...

Re: ragged's parting comment...
Wouldn't think of saying "I told you so...."

Nan said...

Love this work! How about posting it on NUDGE-NUDGE. I think it's falling down the tubes, and needs a little jolt of your Art to pep it up. I've neglected it, too. I'm going to put some of my gourds on there...probably this week-end.