Home

Thursday, March 08, 2007

I know, I know...

I've been a bit lax in my blog updating.


(My good friend Estor at her desk...Her phone takes cool photos!!!)

Its either laziness or maybe banality, or prosaicness, busy-ness, too much sugar, yada, yada, yada...I haven't felt like I had anything to say that would interest anyone.

Anyway, in the past month and a half, I find after making a list, I have been doing mucho!
  • Went to Mary's to craft, made the coolest necklace! (See similar bracelet here.)
  • Been doin' some scrapbooking.
  • Had a mamogram, my 2nd! Sorry, no photos. Squashed boobies are not my idea of interesting photography, even if my doctor likes 'em! The photos, not the boobies, altho' maybe...Lets not go there, ewwwww!!!
  • Went to Tahoe and ran in snow and listened to the ice on Lake Donner cracking!
  • Watched a Sharks game.
  • Sold my engagement ring. (Yes, I've had it all this time, 7 years to be exact. Albatross, GONE!!!)
  • Visited the Hideaway with MadRetz (Donated the wedding dress. Yes, I've had it all this time. Another albatross, GONE!!! I AM SO FREE!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!!)
  • Indoor rock climbing.
  • Communed with the fishies, invertebrates, and marine mammals at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
  • Saw Catch & Release.
  • Went to Southern California to visit my Dad.
  • Went to the world famous San Diego Zoo and saw PANDAS!
  • Had dinner with my blonde haired, bleu-eyed cousin, whom I hadn't seen in a year.
  • Celebrated my 43rd b-day with my bestest grilfiends (I LOVE the journal Ragged! Thanks! Photos of all my booty, soon!)
  • Saw El Labrinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth), deeply disturbing and moving.
  • Oh, and work and design class and running, and eating way too much, of course!
Fast forward to next weekend...MadRetz, another friend, and I are off to Disneyland to continue the birthday celebration. Are we excited!!! Its "A Year of a Million Memories!" Hummm, I'm very curious how they spin the marketing for that theme! Along with riding the usual favorites, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Its a Small World (Itsasmallworldafterall, itsasmallworldafterall, itsasmallworldafterall, itsasmall,smallworld!) we'll be able to see 2 new shows, Jedi Training and the High School Musical. (If you haven't seen this movie on the Disney Channel, I highly recommend it! Kids love it!!! It has all the good things, a lovely story, singing, dancing, and beautiful actors.)

Oh, and another major development, I signed up for DisneyWorld Marathon 2008, so MadRetz and I are off to Florida in January, we can't wait!!!

Other than the above...I've been lurking on your blogs, causing a permanent dent in my sofa, and trying to break a world record of the most weight gained in a 6 month period. Gotta figure that one out! I hope you are all well!!!

3 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, Phin, how we've missed you.

And what a busy, busy girl you have been. It will be a year of a million memories, won't it?

Feel lighter without those albatrosses (sp?) weighing you down?

Nan said...

Phin! I'm so glad you're blogging again. I knew you were around from your comments I see here and there, so I figured you were just busy. I was sure right! What a list!

I'm wishing you a happy belated birthday! And I hope you keep us posted on the trip to Disney World and more!

-Cate

Anonymous said...

I like your list, I guess it's early spring cleaning huh? keep on posting.