Home

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Won't you be my neighbor?


Please won't you be my neighbor : . )

This walking thing has really given me an appreciation of the neighborhood in which I've lived off and on for the past 17 years. Yeah, the real estate is pricey here, but it is amazing. There's a gazebo in front of the local library, historical homes with stories to tell, blooming gardens, a sense of community.

Starbucks in hand, I toodled thru the local farmers market. Its small, but everyone is sooo friendly. The strawberries were so tasty and the perfect compliment to homemade shortcake and whipped cream, yum!!!

My new tempur-pedic bed was delivered today, hurray!!! Its now sporting super soft hot pink jersey sheets and my Pottery Barn Kids flower applique comforter. I can't wait to try it out tonite!

Got a piece done for my grilfiend's birthday Arting with my little friend Sis tomorrow, I think we'll make some journals. A good, good weekend!

3 comments:

madretz said...

mmm...i was contemplating going to the campbell farmers market today. think i will now that i see those strawbabies...and since i'm up early, might as well!
Starbucks?! Starbucks?! What was that conversation we were having on Monday about never going there again? :-P
How was your 1st nite on the tempur-pedic?
Have fun w/ sis. No hideaway for us this weekend. :(

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Mmmmmmmm, strawberries! I could literally eat my weight in them. And Starbucks. You must have been a very, very good girl to deserve all of that goodness.

Here's to a restful night on your new bed.

Nan said...

The strawberry looks luscious!

I love walking in our neighborhood too. On foot there's a lot more to see.

Loved your b'day present for your friend. Did you know Martha Stewart's got a scrapbooking page contest going on? You should enter!