Home

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wine Tasting and Artistic Insurrections



































Wine tasting at Chateau St. Jean today. It was good! The weather was gorgeous! I brought a bottle of Fume Blanc home. Lunch on the grounds, which are really beautiful/peaceful. For dessert, had this great chocolate, milk with almonds and grey sea salt. (Vosges Chocolate, Barcelona Bar.) If you have a chance to try chocolate with salt, do it!!! Yummy!

I broke my favorite flip-flops and had to walk barefoot thru the grounds and thru a couple of stores until I found a very neon graphic pair of Airwalks that look like Vans. That was quite comical, walking barefoot, and I guess the kid print Airwalks too. It was pretty breezy and since we had a good rain and then beautifully sunny weather, I think things are confusedly blooming. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to every grass and tree pollen in the greater Bay Area so I'm having an allergy attack or caught a cold. I pounded some allergy meds and a ton of cranberry juice (VITAMIN C!) and I hope this blows over (haha, get it?) by tomorrow! really, I'm not whining, really...I'm not!!!

On the art front...Linda Woods and Karen Dinino of Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos and Altered Books fame, wrote a new book called Journal Revolution: Rise Up and Create! Art Journals, Personal Manifestos, and Other Artistic Insurrections. I was inspired to start yet another art journal...

This is the cover made with a Tim Holtz stamp, painted Thickers and cammo quilt fabric. I stamped on acetate and attached the acetate and fabric to the cover with brads.


The first page...I can't seem to get away from the heart/red/turquoise, black combination. I suppose I should try to bust out of this box. Especially since the book challenges you to not limit your expression and to create your own "artist insurrection!" I did use a technique on page 83 (I guess this means you'll have to buy the book if you're interested in knowing what the technique is : .)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

walking barefoot through the grounds of a winery sounds heavenly! so does the wine, for that matter.

great job on the art.

madretz said...

hurray for more art journals. there are never too many.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Mmmmmm, sounds so heavenly and peaceful. (Here's hoping you're feeling better.)

And love the artwork!