Home

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What Happens In Vegas, Stays in Vegas!!!

I'm in Vegas. At the MGM Grand. With the real live lions. And I have to say, what's happening, isn't exciting. I guess the whole, "it stays in Vegas' fits in any event because I don't want to admit that I'd rather stay in my room.

But I didn't. I went in search of fuds. But everywhere is expensive or chunks of meat that I can't eat. Really expensive chunks. Even if its on work's tab, its still expensive chunks of meat. Sauted in cigarette smoke.

I end up at Wolfgang Pucks, where I ate last nite, after sitting around for an hour watching the SHARKS play against the WILD in the sports betting area (which I could do at home by the way and without the eau de pew clogging my lungs and arteries!) And I ate the same thing (tuna tartare with avocado and those crispy wontons, yum) that I ate last nite. Minus the leak/goat cheese/mushroom pizza. With a glass of Kali Heart Chardonnay. (How do you spell it?) I'm so predictible and I love the familiar.

I was gonna go ride the roller coaster at NYNY, but I bagged until tomorrow nite when I really have nothing to do!

But, really, I don't get it...The gambling thing (swimming thru the cigarette smoke), the drinking thing, and the excess thing. What is wrong with me?

I did get a cool tie dyed t-shirt for my friend Bannie at the Rainforest Cafe, which is her favorite restaurant. The t-shirt sez "Peace, Love & Frogs." She loves frogs, what a perfect gift!!!

Another day of meeting tomorrow. I get to go home on Thursday. I wish I was at home right now, decorating my tree and putting sprinkles on sugar cookies. I'd even have holiday spirit!

Anyway, hopefully, my nite pixs of the strip came out and I'll have something to post over the weekend.

Later days, bloggy dudes!!!

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I can get that. . . the excess. . . it is too much.

Nan said...

I've never been, but I assumed everything was smoke free. I guess not.

I've often wondered if I'd like to visit. It's hard to know for sure without actually going.

I bet the lights at night are really pretty though.