Home

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rainy Days and Scavenger Hunts!

Sis Linda's Elsie Challenge this week was "make your own chipboard accents." This is Ver. 1. Didn't like it, so I tore it down and re-did it (that's my artistic proccess, can you dig it?) The pix was supposed to be bleu, but it printed purple and therefore, I did the flowers in purple. Ick!



Ver. 2...I like this one much better. B&W photo and bleu flowers. The text is (are?) song lyrics from Crazytown's 'Butterfly.'


Another piece that just needed finishing. Another gel transfer. Nan/Cate was interested in the technique, so I'm gonna put together a tutorial and post it on Nudge-Nudge.



Elise's Paper Adventure '08 prompt for this week was freeze a day. Pick a day, any day and record what you did so in the future, you can look back and see how you spent your time. The background paper is from a bar of seaweed/lavendar soap (there's actual bits of seaweed as an exfolliant!) I bot at LUSH. I love the LUSH life! All natural product, mfg'd in Canada. Gotta love those Canadians. I found the store b/c I'm allergic to the aluminum whatever in everyday deo. I was surfing the net, and found they mfg a deo called Aromacreme and I LOVE it! No more itching!!! Acrylic paint, Meer image and Hero Arts stamps. Text from Word.

Today Sue put together a scavenger hunt for her daughter's b-day. She went to Stanford Mall and made a list of landmarks, then created questions with different point values. "What product is in the Nike store window" for instance. She invited me, well, to take a group of girls around, but I'm game. It sounds like so much fun!!! It should be interesting in the rain : .)

I did a couple of "daily" cards (slacking off there) and will post on Skosh a bit later.

Just got a txt msg from the cute boy that works at the gym, so I'm off to read it, hee!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My!! Lookee at that work!!! I agree with the b/w and blue flowers, love it!!
Love your art!!
Soooo whats with the cute guy at the gym??!!

madretz said...

didja photograph the scavenger hunt? Sounds like a lot of fun.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Uhoh, cute boy. . . text message. . . we need more details.

Your work is amazing. I love the b/w with the blue flowers as well, but both pieces were beautiful.

lauren bergold said...

now see...i'm lookin' at the purple one thinking, "it's GREAT what could she possibly NOT LIKE??!"...and then i saw version 2.0 and WOW! you were sooooo right!!! (wow--awesome; and your hand-made chips are cooOOoOool!)

(ps: ta v much for all the blog love! how cool is THAT to wake up to on a wednesday morning?! i just hope my big giant swelled head will fit thru the door in time for work! xolb)

Nan said...

I can't wait to find out more about the transfer technique. Everything you do with it looks so great. Love the "freeze the day" pages, and the rest too.