Home

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Listen...You smell something?

Sorry, Ghostbusters is on. One of my all time favorite movies!

Productive weekend finally. I didn't spend much $$$, did some tv viewing, a couple of workouts, had lunch with Julie and Bill (chorizo y papas burrito, yummmmm!), made art, finished the gel xfer tutorial (its over at Nudge-Nudge if you're interested), paid attention to my eating (well, except for the burrito) and my H2O consumption, talked to my Dad (he's got the flu, "how?" I wondered aloud, "oh, you got the flu shot." hummm, does that seem like its working in the correct manner?), considered doing my taxes, managed a potential problem returning a hand vac at Target, talked to Karen about my b-day weekend, dropped my laptop on its almost brand new $80 replacement power-supply (*$%&#! so now its busted!), listened to my oh so considerate neighbor's new surround sound system thru my walls, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The coolest thing happened on Valentine's Day! (A cool thing happened today too, but more on that later!) During my department meeting, I was thinking about the 2 X-mas cards I haven't sent. I was gonna mail 'em with the Valentine's cards I was gonna make, ha! When I got home that afternoon, the childhood friend I reconnected with in May (Oregon) had sent me her X-mas letter and photos of her kids and us at the anniversary party! Synchronicity!!! She said she found it on her desk, all addressed, never mailed. The same state my card to her is in. It was just funny.

Anywhoo, on to the art!

The gel xfer example...Yes, I hand cut the letters for the band's name, Sublime! A pain in the ... If you check out Nudge-Nudge, you'll know why I'm annoyed.


My take on the Postcards from Here prompt Journey. Christina's prompt was tell a story about a journey. I started out thinking about Dan Eldon's quote, "The Journey is the Destination." (If you don't know Dan's story, check out his book w/ the same title on Amazon. It will touch you.) I love that concept, so I used the quote on the front and my story, which is an excerpt from an Antonio Machado book (roughly translated...) on the back.

Wanderer, your footsteps are the road, and nothing more; wanderer, there is no road, the road is made by walking. By walking one makes the road, and upon glancing behind one sees the path that never will be trod again. Wanderer, there is no road--Only wakes upon the sea.

I printed the edited photo directly on linen cardstock and tore the edges, that's it!



This is for Sista Linda's Elsie Challenge #7 which was take an artistic photo. (Now that I think about it, MadRetz may have actually taken this photo! Or I took it with her camera, or ???) OK, a Twin Peaks moment for Sobe Life Water, the commercial with the lizards and such dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller. Almost scary! Simple, printed on linen cardstock (how I love the texture) and embellished with the alphas (love Alice in Wonderland too!) and the flowers.


Are we through yet? Geezohpete!

Elise's PA 08 prompt, the Little Picture. (You know, we always talk about the BIG picture, what about the little picture?) You recognize the Morro Bay pix Hockneyized at Big Picture Labs? I inked the alpha stickers with gel pen. Remember that Wendy's chicken sarni commercial??? hee!!!


Last of all, Elise's PA 08 prompt "Make a Big Statement." I've always loved this quote from the Lee jeans commercial, "Whatever you do, don't FLINCH!). I think about it every time I think something will hurt, mentally, emotionally, physically.

Recycled cardboard, verdigris embossing powder, Prima flower, brads.


Oh, and I did one more thingy, but it was a "I have a bad attitude," venting piece and y'all don't need to see that. (It absolutely does not reflect a bullet-proof positive attitude!)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, ok...I'm done now!!! Got get yourself a bowl of ice cream as a reward!

I hope y'all have a gud week! Catch ya next weekend unless something EXTRAORDINARY happens to me in the next few days!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Had a chuckle, Ghostbusters was on tv here a while ago. Saw bits I hadn't seen before... story of my life when it comes to movies!!
Lovin' your art at the moment.. LOVE them.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Ugh, photos aren't coming up for me right now, so I'll have to check back. . .

Don't you love when you find those moments of synchronicity. . . the universe working with you.

Sounds like a full and productive weekend. Sorry about the laptop.

Unknown said...

uh, where have you been all my life?? I love ghostbusters! I was wearing my ghostbusters t-shirt just yesterday! lol
I love all the stuff you have done this week!

madretz said...

dayum girl u done gud!
rosie was really really sick too and she also got the flu shot. i don't get it.

Linda said...

Ok I finally linked you up on my blog so I won't miss anymore of your posts! And in case I haven't told you lately! I LOVE your work! All of these lo were insanely fabulous!!

lauren bergold said...

hello...i finally caught up on everyone else's last 2 PA pages on flickr and i had to drop by and say

WOWWWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOOW!!!!!!!

holy guacamole, girl, you have blown me away TIMES TWO!!!! just so, sooooo, SO FREAKIN' AMAZIN'!!!!! yikes, do you rock or what??!

xolb

Nan said...

Wow! I leave for a few days and when I come back, GEEZ LOUIZE, you've outdone yourself! These are so-o-o-o amazing!

About the flu shot, It's only 40% effective. Hope your dad has a good nurse and a hearty constitution!

Thanks again for the stepbystep instructions.
Cate

Linda said...

Love, love, love all this stuff!
And Ghostbusters is a classic! My 6 year old loves it too!