Home

Sunday, February 03, 2008

When its over...

Not enough time to do art stuff this weekend. A lot of time for couching. My muse vacated the claustrophobic premises of my mind and I only got one piece done b/4 it went. I still need to do the Elise Paper '08 Challenge, "The Little Picture" and the postcard challenge, "Journey." sigh.

This is Bun-Bun and Brob. (That's short for Brobdingnagian...Look that one up!) Obviously a bunny and an elephant, yesh? They are really good friends. I took this photo at Anthropologie b/c I couldn't decide on either as a bebe gift for one of my running buddies, even after playing with and making up stories about them for 20 minutes : .) I ended up with Fat-Bottomed Girl Zeeba! (If you read the comic Pearls B/4 Swine, you'll get why I named her Zeeba!) The pix ended up on the gift card. (Sorry, no pix of the Zeeba. I boxed her already.)



This is the only art piece I completed. Its for the Elsie Challenge this week, embellish a floral accent. I guess they're not enough by themselves. Me being me, didn't want to "waste" the branch sticker, so I traced and cut it out, cut the paper flower from the background paper, mounted that on a felt flower and finished it off with a stitched on crystal.


Other highlites of the weekend, guaranteed to blow your top:

A viewing of Sweeny Todd. You can read Madretz's spot on review, 3rd paragraph of the post. While you're there check out her pukey cute kawaii banner in her most current post. It is sooooo freakin' TUTE! I love it!!!

Forgetting to pay the rent (to the tune of a $25 late fee) and beating myself with a 2 by 4 in the hopes that I WILL NOT FORGET NEXT MONTH!!! (Its not like the first doesn't come EVERY MONTH! Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!! Grrrrrrrrr! I'm so mad at myself.)

Oh so fresh 5 loads of laundry!

And the winning of the SUPERBOWL by the underdogs, the NY Giants. What the HECK!!! I feel sooo sorry for the Patriots!!! To finish their undefeated season with a LOSS! Ay Carumba!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like that layout!!!
I really like that branch!!!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I love how textural the piece is and the phrasing was right-on: summed it up so well. Don't you love it when anyone is laughing?

As for Sweeney Todd, have you ever imagined blood so thick. I am still obsessing over it.

Mmmmmm, clean laundry. Nothing better.

madretz said...

Love the layout! Totally u! Oh, except isn't that crystal awfully thick? :P

Linda said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO GIANTS!!!..oops sorry!