Home

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz...

Oh my Buddha!

The Burns' rock the blackberry glazed bbq'd ham. And the basalmic glazed roasted veggies. And roasted yams.

Got an Eastor basket too!!!

Oh, wait...We had FONDUE for dessert.

Imagine this...

Rich, melted milk chocolate and
strawberries
oranges
bananas
fujiapples
cheesecake
ricecrispietreats
poundcake &
creampuffs for dipping.

I had to stop eating after the first few bites. It was just too much. (Did I just say that?!)

A gud Eastor.

Didn't get much art done this weekend...Lots going on. Chores, gym workout, journaling, ran of course, took photos for the MadMonk's new business venture, Birdie Buddies.

I finally met her newest companion, Lola, a bleu-and-gold macaw. I had to laugh, I had the song rambling thru my head, Lo lo lo lo lo la, Lo lo lo lo lo la, looked up the lyrics and the song is
not about what I thot! LOL!!! LOLA! So my piece. I also posted it at SIStv, but I added the crown as an afterthot. She's a beauty, rescued, and is in birdie rehab, but sweet nonetheless. Greeted me with a loud HELLO! Evidentially, she doesn't talk to anyone except the MM. Haha!!! They don't call me the Pied Piper for nothin'!!! Animals and kids, they just love me!!! : .)


The background is masking tape, painted with gesso, then diluted acrylic splatters. The yellow paper is old dictionary pages painted w/ acrylic, I outlined some spatters with black pen as an accent. The milagro is from ARTchix Studios, and the crown is also out of the painted dictionary paper with rinestones.

I've got more bbq to eat tomorrow (beef rib night at Andy's), cycle class, tea and chat with an old "friend," etc, etc, etc...

Y'all have a gud week, Friends!!!

XO

- Moi : .)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

mmmmm fondue....*drool*

Christina C. said...

that sounds like a great Easter!

I love this LO. so fun and funky and colorful!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not the world’s most physical guy,
but when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine . . .

Oh my Lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola