Home

Monday, April 21, 2008

Skunk Boy and the Running Monkeys


The weekend in review...

I ran in "The Relay." Remember back to April 2006? The Relay is Calistoga to Santa Cruz, 12 peeps, 2 vans, 199 miles, 2 days, 24 stinky armpits, 0 sleep, and multiple porta-potties. (Ewwww!!!) The Running Monkeys came in 76th out of 2o2 teams!!! A big difference from being 5th from last, in 2006.

My legs this year totaled 13.9 miles: 4.7, 5, and 5.6 miles. Along with a team of younguns, I kicked butt!!! I ran my fastest race paces since 2001! I had a great time hangin' with the kids, laughing and causing general sleep-deprived mayhem. I think the best moment was hearing about Mark's San Francisco run, where he had to hurdle a skunk and ended up getting sprayed anyway. Evidentially, his van captain thot it would be a good idea to spray him down again with Febreeze. Evidentially, that ended up smelling like poopy-diapers! They finally tied his shoes to the luggage rack on their van. I am still laughing. I am so glad I didn't have that encounter!

Good times!!!

The Relay is also for a good cause, Organs R Us. This year online fundraising generated $213,106.78. Wow! I don't think they're done calculating yet.

Big thanks and hugs to my fantastic friends who donated towards this worthy cause and my team. You ROCK!!!

Hummm...what's next?! : .)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!! except the skunk part! i'm glad you had a great time! and way to go on your times!! woohoo!!!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Snort. Snort. . . the skunk story is hilarious.

(And aren't you awesome. . . but we knew you were.)

madretz said...

GF! That's awesome about your best run in years!!! YOU rock!