Home

Friday, November 13, 2009

MTB Alum Rock Park

Another Friday MTB event with the boys @ Alum Rock Park on the east side of San Jose. All these wonderful nature trails in my very own back yard.

I can't believe I've lived in the Bay Area for 20 years and have never been to this park! Its nestled in the foothills, beautifully maintained, (flush toilets, ahhhhh!) and well staffed by Park Rangers. I think I'll bring the ladies here to run!

There are sulfur baths that occur naturally, complete with hot, stinky water, altho' they haven't been used in ages. I guess the baths, which are stone lined depressions lining the creek, only fill up if there's heavy rain.

I think we'll be back next week. I'm game for exploring more trails and conquering hills!

Gearing up! Jim, John, Nazir, and Jerome.

Almost to the top! Paul catching the action!


Just missed the sunset!

5 good things for today...

smooth to work traffic
screaming downhill runs! wheee!
good company
sweat! not perspiration, sweat!
the weekend!


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and hehehehehehehe *sweat* made me giggle! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Danica said...

super photos! sounds like so much fun!