Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Trot on Turkey Day

My workout buddy Jim challenged me to run the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot 10K this morning!

Perfect weather, good company, and a fun run!

Some of my fav snapshots from the race!

Jim (my wingman) and his lovely wife, Cathy!

A couple of turkeys!!! LOL!

Looks like Jim's enjoying the race, yeah?!


Elite runners competing in a 5K (3.1 miles) for a $12K purse with a course record bonus of $10K, whoa!!! 13.37 is the men's course record, I think this runner may have crossed the finish at 13.36!!!

Edited: Make that 13.39 minutes, that's a 4:23 per mile pace! Yowza! The female top finisher ran the 5K in 15.41 (5:02). I guess I'm gonna have to work harder to improve my 10:30 per mile pace if I want to compete next year, ahahahahahahaha!


Enjoying an EGTL and then I'm off to eat lots of TURKEY!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

great photos!!!! and wowwwwwwwwwwwww he broke the course record....wow! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Danica said...

what a cool way to spend part of your Thanksgiving! fun pictures!

ATC (Artist Trading Card) The Music said...

I'm with D! Glad you did something you enjoyed! Belated Happy T Day!

Amy said...

Wow, good job! I love the turkey butts!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Every time you tell of a race or a run, you amaze me.