Home

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I vant to collect your blood!


I felt like this today. It was an odd feeling. Ironic???

My co-worker Barbara donates blood on a regular basis. Turns out today, Stanford Blood Center was at work collecting. I mentioned to Barbara that I should probably donate blood, but never have.

A bit later she came to my desk and told me that her iron was too low, she couldn't donate, and that now was my opportunity to donate in her place.

No pressure of course. She didn't stand over my desk for the next 10 minutes glaring at me, nope. LOL!

After a few more anxious moments in the deciding, I was off to the mobile blood drive. The blood collectors teased me about doing everything my co-workers tell me. Not typically, but in this case, I did, heh!

Anywhoo...its done. And I feel good about it. I can donate again in 56 days. Maybe I can get a frequent donate-er card??? (I did get coupon for a pint of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins! Pint for a pint! Make mine cho chip!!! : .)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!!! U crack me up!!! LOL!!! They NEVER EVER EVER want my blood...I am the ONE type that can ACCEPT any kind of blood but no one else needs mine!!!! LOL!!! Good for U! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

I can't donate...my veins are apparently too small. I kinda pass out...lol. So next one's for me! You'll have good karma! :D

Danica said...

way to go, Girl! proud of you!