Home

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

new years 'aspirations'

this is synchronistic (funny, see colored post below, daily feel good, positive thinking email)...

yesterday out of curiosity, I went to January 1, 2008 on my blog to see what I had posted as my New Year's 'aspirations' (to see what I might have accomplished this past year & what I might consider for the new year...ummmm):

  • reduce my carbon footprint. (Not - bot condo, increased my carbon footprint.)
  • embrace change, seek solutions, and make improvements in mind, body, spirit. (?)
  • be present...stop dwelling in the past and focusing on a future that cannot be determined. (uh...)
  • plan and execute an adventure. I'm looking (again) at vacationing in southern AZ or UT and TX. (nope.)
  • constantly be aware of, and re-write negative inner dialog. (sigh.)
  • meditate. (not at all. but I did practice a lot of deep breathing.)
  • do daily morning pages in my journal. (pretty much none.)
  • stop using so many commas, hee! (this one is stupid, I like commas, am know for them, they tested me in 2nd grade for the gifted program 'cause I used commas. [you & me both, Julie!])
and then I got the Karen Jandorff daily today...hahahahaha!!!

the thing is, I already do this. and truly, I've gone hardly anywhere with it...

I say, forget the New Years "aspirations" and the "resolutions" too!!! they're all BuNk! especially if you have to carry them forward and repeat them every freakin' year.

(of course, I could consider that if something is repeating in my life, I should probably pay attention to the message, huh? I AM SUCH A PISCES!)

I just wanna start out fresh...


* * * * *


To view this in your browser, click here.
Season for Nonviolence

If you want a future
that’s distinct from the past,
you have to be with people
who you aren’t used to being with
and have conversations
that you’re not
used to having.

~ Peter Block

Practice
Creating a compelling future requires the willingness to venture into unfamiliar territory.

Today I am willing to leave my comfort zone, meet my fear of change head on, and get comfortable with the unknown.




3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehehe....u COMMA...me PERIODS....lol lol lol....but I KNOW i'm not gifted... just too lazy to start a new sentence each time.....lol lol lol...loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that quote in the colored boxy thingy..... and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think a visit to PHOENIX should be on your list....U know we have the P.F. CHANG'S ROCK AND ROLL MARATHON every January U know :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Yes my "resolutions" (if you wanna call them that...which I don't) are all pretty much the same as last year. And I realized looking back at some other stuff I've done, said, thought, that I'm pretty f'ing dumb...lol! But I like that Karen Jandorff quote a lot. And as Jimmy Buffett says "Every stop is a place to start". Happy New Year My Linda

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, honey, you are not alone. I suspect my list is very similiar and my progress the same. A fresh start is something we all need often, not just January 1.