Home

Sunday, September 05, 2010

we are going to be friends

The current challenge at Scrapping the Music is We Are Going to be Friends by the White Stripes.  I was surprised at this song since the only other White Stripes song I know is Icky Thump (or at least I think that's the title) and its completely different, music-wise. (Or I could be confusing bands, not surprising!  LOL!)  I guess the band has a good range...

 

Anyway, I thot that the line in the chorus perfectly fit my initial feelings about Penny (whom I met online at an ATC challenge site) after we exchanged our first email.  We became fast virtual friends!  I love her, even tho' her love of Jim Adkins (the lead singer of Jimmy Eat World) is a bit, shall we say OBSESSIVE!!!  (Just kidding!  HI PENS!!!)  She make smashingly beautiful cakes & cupcakes!  hee!  And she has great taste in reading material.  She likes the paranormal, just like me!  I think our personalities are also very much alike.


Pens, you ROCK!  : .)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY SMOKES Phin...I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the map and love love love love all the circles and the colors too!!! Thanks for playing with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and PS....make her really jealous and tell her your other AMAZING online friend Julie LIVES where Jim Adkins is from!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Penny said...

Awww I love this!! Super cute!! I love the map with the little stars on it and I love all the music related items!
Me obsessive? Nevers! Jim is part of my life :) We are like PB and Jelly. Or Samwise and Frodo (I had to throw the hobbit ref. in there).

Surprised you hadn't heard any other White Stripes. I'm a fan of their stuff. I think Jack White is a musical genious. I will have to send you a mixture with some of his stuff on it. Try: "Effect and Cause". One of my favs.

Love the new site and love your work! You are sure to win again!!

loves you
xoxoxoxoxoxox
PENS

Marit said...

sorry, sorry, sorry.. I've been away in blogland far too long (well, I post on my own blog but that's mostly it...) I guess I won't have much time in September either. The most beautiful Month of the year will be full of work (but it's a payed writing job, so YAY!) I hope to visit your blog more, in between stressing??? I hope to find time to take a walk and see the trees turn golden. I hope to find time to work on my new workshop and i sure hope to find time to make as wonderful layouts as you do!!! This one's beautiful again! (and I LOVE the queen in your former post, and thanks for the sweet words "right back to me" in the former former post and, and... I'm running out of time. Keep on rocking sweetie! See ya soon!

anne g-i said...

awesome map and circles - love the strong colors with the black and white!!

Anonymous said...

i just love that white, red and blue!loving those bubbles and the music paper!Love your style!
Thank you so much for playing along!

Kristii said...

I just love your work!!!! I love the map, the circles, and the journaling!!! Awesome! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

How sweet is this!!! I love every bit of it, Linda!!!