Home

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Wanna Make a Decoupage Egg?!

I did a little technique write up for Frantic Stamper.

It all started with Michael's Arts & Crafts store stocking the Easter craft product immediately after Valentine's Day.  

I saw these kraft eggs, started brainstorming, and came up with this project which reminds me of Japanese washi eggs.

I first prepped the eggs by painting them with gesso.  They were easier to handle skewered onto bamboo skewers (the insides of these particular eggs are hollow styro).  I let them dry.


I stamped and embossed the Frantic Stamper Cling-Mounted Rubber Stamp - Lace Background with pigment ink and different embossing powder colors on white tissue paper.


I cut the embossed image into strips and applied the strips to the egg with or Mod Podge.  You could also use diluted white glue.


The tissue adheres best with a generous application of the glue on the egg first, and then a gentle application of glue over the top of the tissue. 

I allowed the glue to dry, then removed the egg from the skewer.

For my arrangement, I used a glass egg cup I borrowed from Aldien.   I stuffed the cup with iridescent Easter grass, glued a decorative Easter spray also from Michael's directly onto the egg (since the egg cup isn't mine), added a tiny chiffon ribbon bow, and a K& Co. butterfly sticker. 



I think these would also be pretty in a handle basket with Easter grass.



1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!