Home

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Going South for the Winter

Its time for the Monarchs to go south for the winter.

Did you know that in Mexico the people believe it is the returning souls of their loved ones?

I like that they also represent change.

I like all butterflies, but I particularly like Monarchs.

Is it their size?

The fact that they are quite ubiquitous in California?

That they are dressed for Halloween every single day? : .)

All of the above?

Inspired me to make this card...
 

(Frantic Stamper butterfly, mini brads, and some misc papers and alpha stickers from my stash.)

In other news, I recently visited New Orleans and the lovely Roebucks family.  A trip that's definitely on my top 10 list!  Pictures soon!!!  : .)

4 comments:

Marit said...

Butterflies who dress for halloween... Ha, I like that! Beautiful card Phin!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think it's because they are dressed for Halloween everyday! lol!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your card!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I agree with Julie!!! And I absolutely love your beautiful card! Now I want to see photos from your trip!!!!!!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

I LOVE this card! Gorgeous colors and design and love your story behind it. Great time. Sorry you got sick. Hope you got some rest and time with Dad!