Home

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm Seeing Yellow!


I saw Lance Armstrong today. He rode not 5 feet away from me coming into the finish of his
65 mile ride. And me without my camera!!! (I also had a Kate Hudson sighting. She ran the 5K race and was nice enough to have her picture taken with a few enthusiastic spectators!) More volunteer work for the Lance Armstrong Foundation's Livestrong Challenge this morning.

I like to give back to my running community and I volunteer at races occasionally. I was really excited to be part of this event. I didn't think about the purpose of the LAF. I was more interested in supporting the runners of the 5K, the x-sis-in-law. I didn't realize how emotional I would be surrounded by cancer survivors, especially the children and participants in honor and in memory of, hearing their stories.

Yep, it was a really hard morning.

Still very weepy. The past 2 weeks, I have been missing my Mom something awful. Today made me miss her more.

I also finally finished watching Into the Wild.

oh.

wow.

RIPPLES...small ones. Big ones.

heavy sigh.

Days like this really make me think of what it means to live this life. What purpose does it have. Why am I here? What am I supposed to be doing? What's the frickin' point!
There are those who's struggle is so much harder than mine, but...

I am sure mine is important too.

I want light and wishes and hopes. Dreams. Connection. Love. Fairy cupcakes. For this life to have meaning.

yeah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

walking beside you on that path, except I think you will be running while I walk hehe
HUGS :)

Linda said...

You're the bestest! That's why I love you! Now where's the Kate Hudson pics..lol!