Home

Saturday, September 12, 2009

its 11 pm

I'm eating everything in my house (nothing is satisfying that craving!), drinking diet coke (super ick! what am I thinking!), watching Practical Magic, and listening to the sprinklers going off outside.

I could be with the Dubins in SF, dancing to Bootie Mash-ups, but I didn't feel like hanging with the 20-somethings tonight, however maybe that would have stopped me from consuming all the cho/cocoa almonds! (Boy were they GOOD!)

With all my free time today, I hit the trail for a 6+ mile run, cleaned the bathroom, swiffered the floor, did some laundry. I know, sheer excitement! Wishing I was still @ Disneyland. Not running, but definitely getting an endorphin fix from the Tower of Terror and the rollercoaster, Muholland Drive. Whoo whee!!! I think I need another fitness goal. There are two Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathons in Texas, November 11th and February 2010. Both are within 2 hours of the father's homestead, however, he didn't take the bait when I mentioned his paying for a plane ticket. Who wants to run in the heat anyway?! LOL!

Played around with my craft supplies today too. Dubin sent me this pix of KD last nite while they were at the V-Bar in Santana Row. KD is so beautiful!!!



KD's one of the best people I know. So fun to do a piece dedicated to her. That's a stencil that I stippled over, felt butterfly, doo dads, ribbon. I printed the edited photo in B&W on laid linen cardstock, so its all textury.


Another nod to Starbucks! I've been trying to cut back on the beverage purchases, what with the mortgage and all, not to mention getting a grip on the "habit", but I'm glad that I went last week b/c they are having a cool promotion featuring the SBuxs mermaid (I guess this is an annual thing), and I had to do something with the image. This is mounted on handmade paper, and I used some doo dads, raffia, paint chip strip, raffia, & tea dyed cheese cloth. I think it needs some spray ink, will experiment with that later.

Tomorrow, Jack and I are going in search of waterfalls on a local MTB (mtn. bike) trail. I hope he can do better reading the map and we don't get lost and spend an xtra hour riding up hills trying to find the car. Maybe I should be the navigator this time? yeah.

ok, drifting off now, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...another rockin' Saturday nite!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U making me hungry with the mention of the munchies!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo's!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)