Home

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

sc, 2 dc in 2nd ch from hook


Today I felt like making a baby afghan. I don't really crochet. My Mom taught me how to do a granny square many, many moons ago, and I more recently made some flowers, but I've done nothing on a grand scale.

I emailed Barbara at work 'cause her Mom was making the coolest afghan at Barbara's tree trimming party recently and asked for the name of the stitch so I could google it. Mrs. Dorfman had Barbara send the pattern back to me in an email!!! Barbara typed the instructions out word for word, and said she hoped I understood b/c she didn't!!! hee!!! Very awesome of Mrs. Dorfman!

The repetition is quite addictive! I can't put the project down. And if I do, I pick it back up immediately. My shoulders hurt. I wonder if this "exercise" will tone my upper arms? They certainly need it!

On a totally different note...

I decided it would be fun to visit my dentist as I hadn't seen him in awhile, so I chipped a crown. I'm glad I was able to get an appointment so close to Christmas. This got me to thinking that I have had multiple dental "emergencies" near holidays since I started seeing Dr. Chang in 1990.

Our first meeting was between Christmas and New Years that first year. I had a root canal right b/4 Fourth of July weekend, a titanium implant (that's a story!) right b/4 my birthday, and this appointment 2 days b/4 this Christmas! ai yi yi!

I'm trying to avoid the mouthful of hurt by pounding Advil 'cause Dr. Chang "trimmed" my gums. Ick! I can still taste the burnt flesh. (Eeewww, sorrysorrysorry!!!) A positive note: the artist who creates the crowns for Dr. Chang...his name is Moon, how cool is that...said my teeth were "too white". He'll have to use the lightest color for the porcelain. I guess giving up coffee has at least one positive outcome!

Christmas Eve tomorrow, can you believe it?! : .)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i have always wanted to learn that....but ummmmmmmmmmm u can keep your holiday emergency dental visits for yourself!! LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS my FRIEND! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

jc said...

Merry Christmas, Linda!! A new crown for Christmas..yay!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Uhoh. . . Phin with yarn. . . this is gonna be marvelous.