Home

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I gotta Mann


Not one to pass up an opportunity for conspicuous consumption, I went to the American Craft Council show in SF today. Its a juried art show with the most fantabulous art you could ever imagine: mixed media, jewelry, wood works, metal works, clothing, knit products, home decor.

I love what people make, hearing the passion in their voices when they talk about their art, the attention to detail, trying to figure out what motivates them to create what they do create.

I just had to see one of my fav artist first, so I rocketed to her booth. Sharon is one of those artists filled with passion for her art, which is organic and textured and filled with deep meaning. If you recall, Mad and I went to her house/studio awhile back and played and created.

I had already decided to splurge and zipped right over to my fav jewelry artist's booth. Thomas Mann. He calls his art techno romantic and uses a lot of metal and found objects. Its heavy, chunky, industrial jewelry. I had originally picked a flaming heart milagro necklace from his website, but decided on the one above instead.

Over ate at a BBQ on Saturday after chatting with friends and playing with their kids. Oh, and also blew major ducats at the Scrapbook Expo that I went to with Mad, but I really didn't do as much damage as I thot.

So happy to be home last nite. Dr. Steve gave me the next progression in exercises to prep me for running and I did those, made a thank you card (thanks Ragged for the inspiration...it was an Elvis card), and watched some tv.

Looking forward to next weekend (already you say?), off to the cabin with the Retz's, the anticipation will get me thru the work week.

Happy Monday!!! : .)

3 comments:

madretz said...

I'm so excited for your purchase!! His stuff is soo amazing. That's so cool that you saw Sharon, too.

The only time I stepped outside the house since we got home from dinner Friday was to turn on the sprinklers last night. Serious homebody-ing going on.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

If you could see me, you'd see I have turned permanently green with envy, pea green that is. I would have walked to SF to go to the American Craft Council Show.

And that necklace rocks. Love it.

Enjoy your visit at Camp Retz. Paint me green on that one too.

Willie Baronet said...

You? Eating too much bbq? Noooooooo

p.s. You must see my recent post called Famous in 31 days, and watch the interview. Close up of my butt. ;-)